The Consortium members of the SORAPS (Studies of Religions Against Prejudices and Stereotypes) project have gathered from 23 to 27 November 2016 in the wonderful scenario offered by the University Ca’Foscari in Venice, where the meeting was held.
The implementing Consortium, which is currently led by the University Ca’Foscari of Venice, is the same involved in the former IERS (Intercultural Education through Religious Studies, https://iers.unive.it/) project, which already partnered with 4 prestigious European educational institutions: the Universidad de Salamanca in Spain; the Universität Augsburg in Germany, the Ecole pratique des hautes études (EPHE) in France and the Syddansk Universitet in Denmark, besides the leading NGO Oxfam Italia.
The SORAPS project has introduced a significant innovation compared with its precedessor: the establishment of an active partnership with 3 high schools from Italy, Spain and France, responsible for the piloting of the educational programs. These are going to be developed upon the outcomes of training activities for the teachers, created within the project and made up of several modules, namely:
- Sense and Methods of Teaching History of Religions in Schools;
- Introduction to the Main World Religious Traditions;
- Religious Plurality in Contemporary Societies & Media;
- Fundamentalisms and Human rights in the religious dimension;
- Use of innovative ICT methodologies;
- Managing of Multicultural classes;
- Methods of Teachers Training.